Wednesday 26 August 2009

You don't know until you try

I have begun my new novel, but am torn between having some holiday time to replenish the creative well and just cracking on....
I was away for a time last week and am still recovering from an operation, so sleep keeps hijacking me. All these things have conspired to keep me from my writing desk, but I do so miss it when I'm not doing it.
However the novel ideas seem to have stalled, but I have been thinking about my recent operation and scribbling lines of poetry about it, so this morning I've written a couple of new 'operation' poems.
I think it's best to go with whatever's 'there', but without trying there's no way of knowing, so today's thought is to give writing a chance every day. if nothing comes, then fine, at least you gave it a moment, and if there is something there, then you get to pin it down and the ideas won't disappear into the mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment